It’s Friday! Huzzah! So, without further ado, here are a few things on my mind as we move into the weekend. 🙂
1. I went to the Globe on Wednesday night and saw a totally crazy interpretation of Euipides’ The Baccahae called The Lightning Child.
This is me! At The Globe!
And by crazy, I mean that I’m pretty damned sure that the man who wrote it did so on a lot of hallucinogenic drugs. Like loads of drugs. There was signing and dancing and cross dressing and breaks for random dirty jokes and pop culture references (which being American, I only got about half of). In the end, there was also the typical ripping people apart that The Baccachae calls for, but in the midst of all this craziness, I was awed. I know that the Globe is rebuilt. The original theater burned down a long time ago. Still, seeing a play in that spot, in an exact replica of where Shakespeare’s were seen all those hundreds of years ago, meant something to me. I’m hoping to go back in a few weeks for either Macbeth or A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Maybe both. Because I’m that kind of nerd.
2. The past couple of years, LH and I have been a bit on the lazy side. In Richmond, we’re pretty much next door to a gym (or “leisure club”) and one of the most beautiful parks—Richmond Park—which is part of the National Nature Reserve. Lazy time for the Latchams is officially over.
Sunrise at Richmond Park. Beautiful!
Thus, LH and I are exercising quite a bit. We’ve been rolling ourselves out of bed in the wee hours and watching the sun come up in the parks. I know that eventually we’ll move over to the gym as the weather gets too cold or rainy, but for now, I’m really enjoying this. Richmond is fantastic.
3. In conjunction with #2, I have found something amazing. (Warning: this might be TMI for some people, but I have to share.) This is for you larger breasted ladies. I’m talking D, DD, and E. Running + big boobs = pain in the neck/back/shoulders. Literally. But Lululemon has made the best sports bra ever.
The Booby Bracer AKA The Best Sports Bra Ever
It’s new and it’s AMAZING. I’ve read some of the reviews and I have to say, I disagree with anyone that said it’s bad. A lot of ladies are all like—these are too tight. What?!?! There is no “too tight” when it comes to a sport bra. You want to stop as much of that bounce as possible. (Sorry, boys.) Others are like “there’s not enough give” in the bra. WHAT!?!? Have you lost your mind. The sign of a good sports bra is having as little “give” as possible when you stretch it in your hands. And this bra doesn’t “give” AT ALL. Not only that, but the shoulder straps adjust on the front of the bra. GENIUS! Adjustable straps are essential, but so many of them come unhooked in the back mid-jog. Drives me BATTY. Because then you’re screwed. You have to take off your shirt and bra to fix it. I ain’t doin’ that in public. So you’re done with the work out, and have to walk awkwardly back to the car/flat/whathaveyou. They also have a version for ladies with A or B-C cup sizes. Finding something that is this great for us larger breasted girls is really rare. So I had to share it. Or overshare it as the case may be.
4. Confession: I almost broke my dryer. Yup. I’m a dumb American in a foreign country. Apparently dryers here have what must be a condensing tank. You have to empty the water from them. I didn’t know this. Cut to three loads later and the dryer keeps shutting off and water is coming out of the cracks. WHO KNEW YOU HAD TO EMPTY WATER FROM THE DRYER?!?! Not I, that’s for sure. O.o
The arrow is pointing to the drawer you have to empty!
Thankfully, I noticed the water everywhere (because I would’ve had to be blind to not notice it), and the dryer appears to be undamaged. I used it again today and it’s working just fine. Drying like a champ. But I’m still blown away that after every time I use it, I have to empty the tank. Crazy! I think the owners of this flat need to make a “Dumb American” version of their welcome packet, because there are just some things that work differently in our countries, despite speaking the same language. And even that’s debatable. But that’s a whole different rant… 😉
5. This weekend LH is going on a location scout. So, that means I have the weekend to myself. What’s a girl to do? I could always hit the clubs. Go out on the town. Let the hair down. But no. I’m STILL behind on my deadline. So, I’m having a write-a-thon at the flat. All writing. All day. All weekend. Hopefully, when I surface, I’ll have a sizable chunk of the book done. And if all goes well, I’ll still have my sanity, too.
Have a great weekend, y’all!