Hey, everyone! It’s Friday. So I guess that means it’s time for my Friday blog. Here are some things of the past week, and some stuff I’m thinking about as I go into the weekend.
1. Le Hubby had it right when he said, “Funerals suck.” Yup. They sure do. You might have noticed that I missed last Friday’s blog. That’s because I found out last Friday that Le Hubby’s grandfather had passed away, and was making the arrangements to travel and packing. Plus, I was more than a mite bit bummed out. Halfway through the graveside service, LH turned to me and said those two words. They do suck without question, but I have faith that his grandfather—with his kind spirit and sparkling blue eyes—is smiling down upon us from a much better place. But that doesn’t mean we won’t miss him. Because we do and will.
2. I got some freaking awesome in-laws. The cliché is that in-laws are a couple of horribly annoying people that you have to bear. Well, not mine. Mine are awesome. The silver lining of this past weekend was that I got to see all of LH’s family, including his parents. Something that no one really says when you start seriously dating someone is that if you do marry them, you’re marrying that whole family. I guess you could say that I got such a good partner in life, that it only makes sense that his family would be fantastic, but that’s not always the case. Anyhow, I feel blessed that I married into such a great family. That is all.
3. On a much nerdier note, what is everyone thinking about Elon Musk’s Hyperloop plans? I had the pleasure of meeting him a few years ago over dinner. It might be a bit embarrassing to admit that I didn’t really know who he was. (LH knows him through work, but he was new to me!) We ended up sitting at a table together at a party, along with a few others, and suffice it to say that I was impressed with the man. He’s incredibly brilliant and well spoken. I definitely felt a little out of my league. My take: this hyperloop stuff seems kind of like the future!
4. I’m moving to London first week in September for eleven months for Le Hubby’s job. I knew it was coming September-ish for a while now, but LH finally told me the date on Wednesday. He then proposed that since we were taking the late flight out, we have the movers come the same day that we’re flying out… My response: No. And then I said again: Hell NO! Apparently, this makes me crazy. I leave you to decide which one of us is more insane. That said, we were there for February and March, and I LOVED it. So I can honestly say that I can’t wait to go back. But the amount of stuff that needs to get done before then is just a wee bit staggering. O.o Taking deep breaths.
5. Deadlines! Eeeek! The deadline for me to get the second book in the Alpha Girl series is fast approaching (the 30th). But I did finish a draft for a new series that three of us Ink Monster writers are working on. It’s something that I’m really excited about, but it’s been totally distracting me from Alpha Girl #2. This weekend, I need to not only start getting organized to pack up my house (we’re giving up our place in LA since we’re renting at the moment) to move across the world, aaaaaaand try to find some writing time. Also, find some time to see friends and say ta-ta for now. Because even if I am super excited about going to London, I’m going to miss the shit out of my friends and family here in LaLaLand. Focusing on my writing life when my life-life is in transition is harder than I thought it’d be. This will be a lesson in will power. Wish me luck!
Hope everyone has a happy weekend!