It’s almost holiday time? What the what?!
How on Earth did another week fly by? OMG! Someone hit the pause button. Stat! Need more time! So much to do to get ready for the holidays. :::takes a deep breath:::
1. House update: Things are a total madhouse. The sound of saws and drills and hammers fill my house. I’m trying to write around all the craziness, but boy am I having trouble. It’s totally nutty. But wallpaper is up. Things are getting painted. Stuff is getting done. Which is fantastic. We’re just in this nasty transition period right now. We literally (and I mean LITERALLY) only have room to sit in three of our dining chairs…the rest cannot be pulled out because of various obstacles. The only other places to sit is my bed. What are the chances this will all get resolved before the holidays?
Yup. That about sums it up.
2. Did anyone else die (figuratively) laughing during the SNL The Office: Middle Earth? Because I totally did! If you haven’t watched it, here you go!
I totally just watched it again. OMG! So funny. And Taran as Gollum. THE BEST!!!!
3. Because my house is a mess, I don’t have my usual writing spot. I’m starting to get (read: already have) a bit of a hunch. My low back is killing me. But this popped up in my Facebook feed.
4. Y’all, I’m super lucky to live in Los Angeles…well, most of the time I live here. Whenever J isn’t shooting a movie. It took me a while for this place to be home, but it kind of is now. What am I loving so much about it right now, the weather! Where else could I go for a nighttime swim in the winter? Not very many places!
I’m also VERY lucky to have a pool. I’ve been going swimming every night after the workers leave. I’m not sure the neighbors love my choice in music (Yay for #ABGT!), but there’s something really calming about being in a pool. When I was a kid, I spent as much time as possible in my pool. It was amazing. This house is the first time since I was 18 that I’ve had a pool. I feel like it’d be a waste not to use it all the time. So I am. It makes me haz a happy.
5. I never really thought about traveling a lot until I met J. One of the first things we did was go on a trip to Mexico. It was totally nuts. I didn’t really know him, but other friends were going, too. So I figured it was fine. But now, I loooove traveling. It’s like going on an adventure. Anyhow, I now have a new list of places to go see. Mental Floss put out: 11 Awesome Stops That Should Be on Every ‘Harry Potter’ Fan’s Vacation List. First on their list was a place where you can do a Harry Potter LARP. WHAT THE WHAT?!?!
Kind of awesome. I wish I had this list BEFORE I left the UK, but I can always go back. I really did enjoy my time there. And now I have a whole list of reasons to go back! It’s going on my Christmas wish list. Maybe one day I’ll mark all of these places off.
AND ONE MORE FOR THE HOLIDAYS. We’re sticking close to home. J is slammed at work, and leaving would stress him out. No big. I’m happy to stick around LA for the holiday! Christmas Eve, we’re heading to my sister’s house. She’s got two little ones. I missed the holiday with them last year (because England…and ITALY!), and I’m really so excited to be here this year. We’re going to make cookies for Santa with my niece (my nephew is a wee bit too little to help out) and I can’t wait! I’m super lucky to have been born into a great family filled with people that I love spending time with. So for me, not much could top decorating cookies with my family. It’s going to be awesome.
Don’t worry. Only in my dreams will my cookies turn out anything like this. 😉
What are you doing for the holiday? Big travel plans? Whatever you may be up to, I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday season! Much love to you all!