1. Movie premieres are crazy. I went to two this week. This might make it sound like I go to them all the time, but I don’t. It just so happened to be a busy kind of a week. On Sunday, we went to the premiere of Saving Mr. Banks.
It was the last film in the BFI film festival, and thus was kind of a to do. We had to be in black tie. Not so easy for this girl, but I hustled and pulled an outfit together. The movie was really sweet. (I cried twice.) I saw Emma Thompson in the bathroom, and as she was trying to wash her hands, all the ladies were taking pictures for her. I felt horrible for her. Let her use the bathroom in peace, people. Jeeze… But she gave a great speech before the film, and I kind of adore her.
Tom Hardy was sitting behind me but I didn’t notice him until the end of the movie. He was waving at Emma Thompson and yelling, “You gave me goose pimples!” I turned to see Mr. Hotty himself. Swoon.
Tuesday was the Thor: The Dark World premiere, and I totally loved the movie.
All of the actors were there in style. I don’t want to give anything away with the movie, but squee! Loved it!!!
2. After such a crazy week, we decided to have a crazy weekend. We’re going to Paris today.
I’ve never been to France. Or anywhere on this side of the world other than England. I’m both nervous and excited. Nervous because I’ve never been to a country where I didn’t speak the language. (I speak English and Spanish.) I got a French phrase book, and I’m going to get my way through it…but I might end up making an ass out of myself. O.o
3. The Captain America: The Winter Soldier trailer came out this week. What does everyone think? I know I’m excited! 🙂
4. SEALs are hawt. Okay, so I might not know any SEALs, but I’ve been reading some SEAL romance novels recently. Swooning again! Right now I’m reading Maya Banks’ KGI series.
That’s the first in the series. If you don’t mind a little steam with your romance, check it out.
5. UK TV is really, really odd. They have these “documentaries” which are really reality TV. Yeah, I’m not enjoying it so much. Nightclub Toilet was something we discovered the this week. My only thought was: Why?