1. HOLY SHIT, Y’ALL! Avoiding Alpha is out with the distributor. It’s all done. Gone. Files sent.
I’m both relieved and nervous. Relieved because I finished. Nervous because I hope everyone likes it as much as they liked Becoming Alpha. I’m not unaware of the “sophomore slump,” but I tried my very, very, very best to write a good story. It’s a bit shorter than Becoming Alpha, but it sets up everything to come in the series. So, here goes! Fingers crossed. Toes crossed. Hope y’all like it!
2. I’ve been growing out my hair for the past year (it was a bob), and I’m always looking for easy ways to do my hair now that it’s finally long again. I found this. Y’all, awesome stuff here. #12 is awesome, and something that I’m working right now.
I have bangs usually, but being away from my hairstylist and being totally afraid of finding one here in London means my bangs are getting very un-bang-like.
3. I’m kind of addicted to self-help-ish lists online. This one is awesome. And I totally agree with all of it. #1 is key.
I used to think that saying no to people, even when I wanted to say no, was bad and selfish. Not so. Especially if that person is drama filled. Walk away.
Anyhow, check it out. It only gets better after that. Gold!
4. For the past two days, spiders have been crawling on me. Literally. And I’m not mistaking that for metaphorically. Nope. LITERALLY. And they’ve all been different kinds of spiders. Just now, the fourth spider crawled down my cleavage. WTF!
But now, after the fourth (or fifth, depending on how your counting) I’m starting to think it’s a sign of something to come. Maybe I’m just being crazy and superstitious. But I AM a little crazy and superstitious.
So, I did a little googling and found out that a lot of people say that spiders crawling on you is a sign of money to come. I’m starting to not mind all the spiders crawling on me. Yay!
But as I type that, I feel like someone made that up to make people who had a spider on them not feel so bad. Because, eeeeee! Spiders!
Now, I go around the house twitching and scratching and looking like a freak as I swat invisible spiders off me. I just can’t tell J about this. He hates spiders even more than I do.
5. Have you guys seen the new Jupiter Ascending trailer?
I think it looks pretty cool, but it also kind of reminds me of a book that I have 3/4 written that I was going to put out next year… :::shakes fist::: This just means that I’m going to have to see the movie and then revise to make sure it’s not too reminiscent of the movie.
Even with all the fist shaking, I’m tentatively excited about this one. The only Wachowski siblings movie that I’ve liked is the Matrix—which is FUCKING AWESOME. But the rest of the Matrix movies…not so much. And Speed Racer…yikes!