1. Holy shit. It’s November. Did this year fly by for anyone else? Because I’m kind of freaking out right about now. I guess it’s been a busy year, which does make the time fly, but still…holy moly, this year went by fast. Thankfully, we still have eight weeks left. I’ve got loads to accomplish before the new year, but I think I can…I think I can…I think I can…
2. It’s official: London doesn’t do Halloween. Shocking, right?! But there was an extreme lack of decoration around the city and Richmond. Extreme. In fact, if I didn’t know that Halloween had happened (say if I’d lost my calendar and my phone was broken, etc.), then I wouldn’t have known it was a thing.
Okay, so maybe that’s not entirely correct. I got one family (2 girls dressed as witches, 1 pre-teen boy dressed in some sports stuff, and 1 dad way too old to be asking for candy), and then a group of 4 college kids that just wanted to play a prank (they were dressed as zombies, and when I opened the door, one had been sitting against the bottom of the door and fell into my flat and made zombie-ish noises before laughing and running off). That is a pathetic showing. PATHETIC. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I always decorate our house and yard. Put up grave stones and skeletons. When it comes time for trick-or-treaters, I play spooky music, and change the lights on the porch. I try to make it fun. This year I didn’t even watch a scary movie because LH was working late. Le sigh.
Guy Fawkes Day is on the 5th. I hear there’s gonna be some fireworks and fires. Maybe that’ll make up for the lack of costumed children begging for candy at my door. Not likely, but there’s a chance.
3. A friend posted this video on Facebook, which led me to the one below. You’re welcome.
4. Monday brought a big windstorm (50mph+) to the UK, and then to Europe in general. With that storm, came winter. Over the course of the day, lots of trees lost the leaves. I don’t mind the cold much…okay so I don’t care for the cold at all…but I really don’t like it when it means that I can’t go for my morning jogs in Richmond Park. Cold is one of my asthma triggers. So, now I’m stuck with the gym. No big deal. The gym is a three minute walk away, and it’s a really nice one. Nothing to complain about as far as gyms go. We joined it as soon as we got here because we knew this day would come. I was just hoping it would come a little later.
So, for now, good-bye Richmond Park. I’ll miss you!
5. This weekend we’re going to go see Once.
The movie was one of LH and I’s first dates. (Maybe like our third date?) Anyways, I’m super excited to see it live and on stage. I hear it’s supposed to be fantastic. The music is amazing. If you haven’t seen the movie or listened to the soundtrack, do. It’s beautiful!