1. Today is Friday, in case you weren’t already aware. In the Latcham household, that means it’s pizza and a movie night. The one thing about being best friends with your spouse is that every night is like a sleepover. Or else, that’s the way it is for us. Although maybe we never really grew up. Or we’re young at heart. Or dorks. But that’s beside the point. The point is that as in my childhood, pizza + a movie=awesome. It turns out, the same is true in adulthood. Tonight, I get to pick the movie. I’m trying to decide between this one:
And this one:
I know, I know. Vastly different movies. But both look kind of awesome. Decisions, decisions…
2. Another movie that I can’t wait to see, is City of Bones.
DYING to see it. I really did love the books…once I got over the little plot twist at the end of City of Bones. I don’t want to give away any spoilers, but suffice it to say that it was enough to really make me angry. There are some things you just don’t do in fiction, and this was one of them for me. But I found out from a friend that it turned out okay in the end, so I finally read the rest of the series. I’m super curious to know if they kept the twist in the movies.
3. Y’all, I just discovered The Gallagher Girls. I’ve seen them around for a while now, but I totally judged these books by their covers. Not that there is anything wrong with them per se, but the cover didn’t appeal to me. So my eye just skimmed over them in the bookstore for years. I’m kind of glad, because I got to read all five of them at once. I now only have a 27 day wait until the final book in the series comes out. Cannot wait! How swoon-worthy is Zach!?! <3
4. I’m a klutz. I’m not ashamed of it; that’s just part of me. I’m the kind of person that regularly gets bruises—think large ones—because of bumping into things, and then quickly forgets about the bumping…because it happens ALL THE TIME. Not only that, I drop and break things constantly. The first time my family met my husband, we were over at my parent’s place with all of my siblings (there are a lot of us), and I climbed onto a counter to reach a wine glass (I’m pretty short.), and then proceeded to drop that wine glass and take another down in doing so. While my then-boyfriend, now-husband, rushed over to help me and see if everything was okay, my siblings all knew better. There’s Aileen being Aileen. I’m only mentioning this now because I busted up my iPhone 5 case. I’m now case-less. This is really dangerous stuff, y’all. I’m hoping I don’t drop it before I get a replacement. Because if this happened, I would be a very sad girl:
5. I have an addiction to pens. Japanese pens to be specific. They’re finer pointed, think less than 0.5, and loads of them have a thin casings as well. I recently went to a store in Little Osaka here in West LA, and I may have found my favorite pen ever. It’s the Hi-Tec-C Slim Knock 0.3.
I just ordered them in every color from JetPens. I might be obsessed with them and writing my name over and over in my notebook just so that I can write stuff with them. Yes, I know this sounds crazy, but I’m at peace with my insanity.
Hope all of y’all have a lovely weekend. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do. 😉