A moving Friday… ;)
It’s MOVING DAY!!! WHAT?! SO FREAKING EXCITED!
1. For those of you who don’t know, I’ve been living in the UK (Richmond—just outside of London—to be precise) for the past 11 months and 1 day! My husband, J, and I have been here for his work. It’s nice being a writer because I can go wherever he needs to go. And being in London hasn’t been a chore at all. It’s a lovely city. A lovely country.
But it just ain’t home. 😉
2. AVOIDING ALPHA has a print version! Finally! I’m so sorry it took us so long to get it out there. But click here to get your copy! Enjoy!
3. The deadline is looming and I’m deep in editing mode.
Yup. Those are pages as I work through notes from critique partners and editors! They’re a huge part of my writing process. I take all of their notes. ALL OF THEM.
If you’re a writer and don’t have good crit partners/editors, FIND THEM NOW. They’re worth their weight in gold!!!
4. A short ode to Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve.
Seriously, y’all. It’s expensive but a little goes a long way! Hands=soft!
5. My long-time critique partner and now lovely editor brought me some goodies from her travels around Asia. One of the things she brought me in particular, I’m in love with… Anyone who knows me well, knows I have a bit of a thing for pens and paper products. …I wonder why…
Anyhow. This is is now my favorite pen-Pilot Hi-Tec-C Coleto. I’m kind of obessessed. It goes with me everywhere. I’ve researched where to get refill. (Here!) Best pen ever.
(Me! With my fave pen! Thank you, Lola Dodge!!!! <3 <3 <3)
It has multiple colors. It’s 0.03! It can handle my firm writing…I kind of write a little angry in terms of pressing really hard on the paper. Sorry, paper! Love!!!