1. These brothers set the bar for wedding toasts.
2. I went back to The Globe yesterday for A Midsummer Night’s Dream. It was awesome.
I know that’s totally nerdy, and I really don’t care. I love Shakespeare. Even if I almost never remember to put an “e” at the end of his name. My mom took me to see Kenneth Branagh’s Much Ado About Nothing at the movie theater when I was ten, and I LOVED it.
3. I have come to realize I have a serious problem. I need coats. I hate to shop. My sister that likes to shop is one billion miles away. … Oy vey. The thought of shopping pains me. But if I want to be appropriately dressed in this city (no “trainers” or hoodies), then I’m gonna need to do some shopping. Pray for me.
4. I went to Shoreditch on Tuesday to pick up some stuff for Inky at Moo. OMG. How cute is Shoreditch!?! SO CUTE!
The Moo Shop was super cute in the BOXPARK—a pop-up mall. Really hip. I wandered down to St. John Bread & Wine to pick up a couple of donuts to make up for the fiasco at Harrods. (The donuts at Harrods taste five days old. Way gross. Do not buy!) Well, they were out of donuts, so I did what I had to do, and got brownies instead. Yummmm! I also took a little stroll through Spitalfield’s Market.
Really awesome shops! I’m going to have to take LH there soon!
5. Sushi is good. Really good sushi is AMAZEBALLS. Yesterday I went to Nobu with a friend from my MFA program. It was SO FUCKING GOOD. I had the best time–which was probably due to the company and the great conversations we had, but also the food. I could eat Nobu all the time. Which is a good thing because my husband emailed today saying that his boss is in town and we’re going to Nobu tonight for dinner. Bring on the sushi. Mama needs her sushi. Mmm…Yellowtail with Jalapeno. Mmmm…Crispy Rice with Spicy Tuna. Mmmm…Tuna Tacos.
I actually might have two serious problems…