Better late than never! ;)
I’m a day late! Whoops! So without further ado, here we go!
1. So the other day I read this article about lasting relationships. I’m a sucker for those. I always click on them. Granted, I have a pretty freaking awesome marriage, but I always am looking for ways to make it better. Any things to avoid. (Once a girl scout, always a girl scout! Must be prepared!) And I was pleasantly surprised by what it said. It seems pretty obvious, but maybe not?
“Contempt, they have found, is the number one factor that tears couples apart.” <— Obvi!
“Kindness, on the other hand, glues couples together.” <— Obvi!
“When people think about practicing kindness, they often think about small acts of generosity, like buying each other little gifts or giving one another back rubs every now and then. While those are great examples of generosity, kindness can also be built into the very backbone of a relationship through the way partners interact with each other on a day-to-day basis, whether or not there are back rubs and chocolates involved.” <— Maybe not so obvi?
But I have to say, kindness really does make a difference in relationships. It goes hand-in-hand with respect. It’s not just giving a gift every once in a while. It’s every day. Making sure that your partner is getting what they need. And it only works if it goes both ways.
Even if it did seem pretty simplistic, I figured why not share it? It’s always important to hear good advice.
2. So, J—le hubby—showed me this video. He thought it was the funniest thing ever. Apparently, the guys at work were dying, rolling on the floor, while watching this. I was pretty much “WTF?!” the whole time. Especially toward the end. Check it out. And don’t stop half-way. Stick it out. It gets weirder with every passing minute…
What am I missing?
3. As y’all might know, I have a wee pen obession. And by wee…I mean HUGE! The other day, the lovely Lola and I went to Little Osaka here in LA, and I got two new sets of pens. (Awesome pens, IMHO, are <0.5mm and come in many colors.)
So many pens! So little time! Must write more things down on actual paper!
4. While we were in Little Osaka, I also got a silver glitter Hello Kitty figurine!
Isn’t she so CUTE!?! She’s now sitting in front of my monitor for prime viewing pleasure. (Yes, I know I probably should’ve grown out of my Hello Kitty obsession, but if it hasn’t happened in the last 30 years, it probably isn’t going to happen.)
5. My final note today is a total WTF. Watch:
Laughing so hard! I just texted the link to J. We’ll see if he thinks it’s as funny as I do. But come on! SO FUNNY! WTF is going on with this video!?! So much crazy! So much awesome! LOL!
Hope y’all have an awesome weekend!