I’ve been in bed for the past four days, gone through nearly two boxes of tissue, and I sound like a man when I speak. Yup. I’m sick. But I’m not going to let a pesky virus keep me from blogging. I’m using it to pick my topic for today. So, without further ado, here are five things that always make me feel better when I’m sick.
1. Chicken Noodle Soup. I don’t know what it is about this soup, but it always makes me feel better. I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the broth–the boiling of the bones in water that draws out nutrients and whatnot. It was a bit of a to-do to find it in London (What to Brits eat when they get sick?!), but LH found a place with it and got me a gallon of it. Or what looks like a gallon. I’ve been eating it for the past two days, and it’s made a big difference. Even if it is all mental.
2. A Vicks Inhaler. This shit is my crack when I’m sick. I swear I look like some kind of drug addict as I sniff it, but I don’t care. It’s way better than the rub, and way less messy. It’s concentrated formula really clears those sinuses up. It’s a must have for me.
3. Advil Cold & Sinus. This is my second choice. My first choice was Tylenol Flu, but I can’t find it anymore. I’m pretty sure they discontinued it because it was so strong. But when you have a really bad flu, that shit is the bomb. A miracle worker. I also dig Umcka. It’s more holistic, but can be hard to get a hold of. Advil Cold & Sinus will do in a pinch. …I bet about now you’re wondering how often I get sick, and it’s pretty often. I get sick 4/year usually. Although for when I first moved to LA, I was getting sick every few weeks. This is the first time I’ve been sick in about a year and a half! (Thanks to my new doctor! She’s amazing!) So, I’ve tried ’em all.
4. Tea. I hate tea. There. I said it. I HATE tea. I know, I know. Lots of people love it, but I don’t. Hot or cold. Sweet or un. Doesn’t matter. I really don’t care for the stuff. That said, when I get sick, I want a cup of tea. It soothes my throat, and the heat warms me. You know I’m feeling poo-tastic when I order a cup of hot tea.
5. A good book. Or books. Preferably romance ones. Because what could make a girl feel better than a love story? Yup. I’m a sucker for them. I’m sure that’s a huge surprise. 😉
What makes you feel better when you’re sick?