How is it Friday already?!
Hey, y’all! Happy Friday!
Did this week fly by for anyone else?! I swear, it feels like it should be Wednesday… But that could because I’m on a deadline, and it’d really help if it was Wednesday. 😛
Better get to it so that I can go back to finishing Alpha Unleashed.
1. I finished Jane the Virgin, and now I’m DYING. See! This is the problem with binge-watching a TV show. You have to wait FOREVER for the next season.
I don’t want to give away any spoilers, but is there anyone else out there with me FREAKING OUT?! HOLY CLIFFHANGER, JANE! Sigh. I’m trying to be a patient person, but at night, all I want is to relax in bed with a new episode. There should be a new one on every night. I don’t think that’s too much to ask, right?
And while I have the TV God’s attention, I’d super appreciate a new episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine every night, too.
2. I got these cookie cutters the other day, and I have no idea why I bought them.
Okay, so I have some idea why I bought them. They’re SUPER CUTE. It says “Ay, crumb-a!” on the box! But the thing is, I can’t remember the last time I made cookies. So why am I buying cookie cutters?! Y’all. I have a problem. I buy cute things that I’ll probably never use. Me thinks I’m going to have to give these to a good home… I smell a rafflecopter in the future!
3. In June, and Seton Hill’s In Your Write Mind seminar, I saw Chuck Wendig talk. To be honest, I’d been reading his blog for quite a while, but I really enjoyed his talk. As always, I really love hearing how other writers work. But since then, some of my writer friends have been posting some of his blog posts on Facebook. This one titled “100 RANDOM STORYTELLING THOUGHTS AND TIPS, STARTING NOW” was really great. Some great tips. Like:
This one had me LOLing. For reals:
I’m a monster, y’all! Wooohooo! 😉
And of course, my favorite fricative used in a tip! Gotta support that:
Funny and true. If you’re a writer, or thinking about writing, check it out!
4. It’s no secret that the lovely Lola Dodge has been my critique partner for a long time. (I think it’s been seven years? But maybe it’s 8… Yeah. Another one of those whole “time flies” things.) But what y’all don’t know is that she has a way of making me LOL–HARD–when I read her comments. I also have a habit of taking screen shots of my favorites. Like this one:
Said in comment to this line:
No worries. It was a shit line anyhow. (“almost”? Ugh. Barf. #badwriting) It got cut and will not be seen in Alpha Unleashed.
And then there’s this one from Bruja, but I can’t remember what line it was referring to.
I LOVE YOU, LOLA!!! <3
5. I have a new fave sammy place in LA. Fat Sal’s. It’s a problem, because the name says it all, but I get a normal roast beef sammy–called “Remarkable Roast Beef” and lives up to it. The sandwich comes with POTATO SALAD INSIDE. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! I ate half yesterday, and this is my lunch today.
Super healthy, I know, but if you’re in the LA area–or wherever there might be more Fat Sal’s, go! They’re makin’ sandwiches over there! 😉
Also, see how I’m eating at my desk? #deadlinelooming
And on that note, back to work! Gotta make this book shine!
Happy Friday, y’all!