So, Christmas is over, but the tree is still up. Maybe you’ve had enough family time to last the year and need some quiet time. Or you’re looking for something to do while vegging out and eating some nommy leftovers. Either way, a movie can be a good call. But what movie?
Here is a list of ten movies that could fit the bill! (In no particular order.)
1. Love Actually. Perfect when a little bit of romance is needed. Good for cuddling up on the couch with your love!
2. Santa Claus: The Movie. I don’t know why I love this one so much. Maybe it’s the reindeer. Maybe it’s Santa’s workshop. Maybe it’s Santa. If you’ve got kiddos around that need a little downtime after all the excitement of new toys, this could be the movie for you!
3. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. I don’t think this one needs an intro. Classic!
4. Scrooged. What Christmas movie list would be complete without A Christmas Carol? Or at least one version of the classic story. 😉
5. Miracle on 34th Street. I’m talking the old one, not the new. If you haven’t seen it, it’s worth a watch. Fantastic!
6. Home Alone. Was it just me, or did anyone else dream of being left home alone after this? I mean seriously, he had an adventure! No parents! No rules! Pretty sweet!
7. Nightmare Before Christmas. This movie is AWESOME! And the music, phenomenal! For those of you who like your Christmas with a side of Halloween.
8. Elf. This list just got silly. Love it!!!
9. Die Hard. Bet you’re wondering how this ended up on the list. Well, it takes place on Christmas Eve! Totally counts! Gun fights and explosions FTW!
10. It’s A Wonderful Life. A Christmas classic. Don’t let the black & white scare you away! Really great stuff. And it’s staring James Stewart. He’s the best!